Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Plough on, FedEx!

I was watching a tennis match just now. Federer versus Del Potro.

Just in case you don't know, Roger Federer (ex world No. 1) is ranked 2nd in the world, and Juan Martin Del Potro is ranked 10th.

I was worried for Federer (whom I support) since he played shakily during his last match against Tomas Berdych. He had lost the first 2 sets before he pulled his act together and (thankfully) won back the last 3 sets.

Berdych is ranked 22nd; Del Potro, 10th.

If he struggled against Berdych, he'll die against Del Potro. In theory.

Fortunately, he didn't die. Or lose, for that matter. In fact, he won. But first, back to the story...

I was watching the tennis match. After the 1st set, in which Federer comfortably won 6-3, I had to go for dinner.

So, I went for dinner. And rushed back.

I turned on Star Sports.

The match was over.

What the hell. So fast?!

Then, I checked the internet for the results. (Very easily, actually. Just type Australian Open into the Google search box and the latest results appear.)

Well, it did appear. I was shocked.

6-3; 6-0; 6-0.

Wow.

Federer demolished Del Potro when I wasn't looking. How dare he!

I only hope he can dish out the same amount of devastation during the semis.

Against who? I forget. Not that it matters.

1 comment:

John said...

Well I am really sad to see Del Potro going out like this. But still he is young and has a long way to go. In a match like this against someone as great Roger Federer, he can learn a thing or two from the maestro.

No arguments from my end. Federer was a mile ahead from Del Potro and as they say "The Numbers Don't Lie". Well done Fedex.

Perhaps you may wanna share your view of the game. I would love to hear them.

http://mundoalbiceleste.blogspot.com/2009/01/no-match-for-del-potro-against-fedex.html