Sunday, January 25, 2009

Keong Hee Huat Zai!

Just to clarify...

Chinese: Gong Xi Fa Cai
Cantonese: Gung Hei Fatt Choi
Hokkien: Keong Hee Huat Zai

So now, you know.

*****

During this week-long Chinese New Year hols, I (sadly?) won't be involving myself in the money collection business. I also won't get to fine-tune my gambling skills and my mahjongg virtuosity.

That's because I'm quite occupied already.

First off, the inter-class debate is set on the Tuesday after the hols. I interpret this as the school intending us (debaters) to use the holiday for the group discussions. Which most debaters will probably be doing.

Secondly, I am trying my best to enjoy this holiday as much as possible. Quite difficult. I am having a bit of a problem squeezing in tennis matches with my neighbour since the sky has figured that plants needed to be watered in the evenings, and has done so. The court wasn't spared. Sadly.

Talking about tennis, I am desperately following the results of the Australian Open. Since I'm doing this through the newspapers, I only know the results 1 day later. Sad, I know. Anyway, I'd just like to grab this opportunity to express my hope of Federer breaking Sampras' record -- just 2 more Grand Slams to go!

And, of course, I'm away for the bulk of the week. That kinda gets in the way as well.

So, to all readers of this post,

新年快乐
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR.

年年有余
MAY THE YEAR TO COME BE FISHY(???).

No comments: