Monday, December 1, 2008

Indonesia Part 1

Hello people!

Yeah, I know, I've not been blogging for quite a long stretch of time. That's because I've been overseas (over the Straits of Malacca, actually) to Java, which is (in case you don't know) part of Indonesia. It's also partly because I've been procrastinating (fancy word for putting off, for those who don't speak England so well) since I arrived back.

And so, what better theme for this post than my trip to Java.

This trip for me wasn't all fun though.

I had a runny nose and a headache during the first half of the trip, which is extremely uncomfortable especially when suffering from motion sickness.

However, despite the discomfort, I still managed to enjoy myself.

Since my trip is just too long to cram into a single post, I shall attempt to illustrate the interesting details in my following posts, together with some pictures.

I shall talk about the first city which I visited in this post, but since the pictures have not yet been transfered to the computer, I'll have to make do without them.

1

I touched down in Bandung in the afternoon. A driver (or chauffeur) sent us to our pre-booked accomodation -- a charming but expensive hotel in the suburbs.

Oh, did I mention that it was expensive? A room for 2 is over RM100, which is a lot in Indonesia. (I had later asked one of the staff from another hotel about his salary, and he said it was only RM320!)

We stayed in Bandung for only 2 nights. I found out 1 thing though.

It is a shopping haven.

Things are CHEAP. Seriously CHEAP.

I bought a some shirts and T-shirts there. A T-shirt costed about RM12, but in Malaysia, it could have gone for RM24 or more. And for the shirts, it costed about RM40, but looked like it was worth RM70!

My uncle had followed us, and had declared that it was not safe for her daughter to visit Bandung: "After she starts earning her own money, then she can come!"

Besides shopping, there isn't much to see, so I also don't have much to say.

But if you're like my brother, who is an avid spender, Bandung is dangerous!

Don't say I didn't warn you!

No comments: