Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Selamat Hari Raya!!!

It's an occasion of happiness, not only for the Muslims, but also for all Malaysian students.

Why? WHY?!!!

Isn't it obvious?! We get 1 week of holiday!

Of course, there's more to that than just holidays...

The FOOD! I LOVE malay food.

I got my favourite laksam from the ramadan market. Not to mention the nasi dagang and sweet dadih. And my mom got her nasi kerabu and long-awaited roti jala.

sigh~

However, Hari Raya Puasa also marks the end of the shorter school periods, which means the usual 1 to 6.45 pm school sessions.

And I also felt we didn't frequent the ramadan markets frequently enough. We only went about 4 times. And I only got my laksam during 2 of the 4 trips.

2 ain't enough to last me another year, you know!

Here are some pics to give you an idea of the food which I sampled:

Dadih! My favourite dessert!



Oooooh! Laksam! Se-dap!


Nasi Dagang. With the kuah, best!



Nasi Kerabu, my parents' favourite. Too smelly for me!




Roti Jala. Usually very hard to come by.


Lastly, to all Muslims...



Hehe.

No comments: