Sunday, July 20, 2008

Batman vs. Joker

Wait, wait, wait.

Let's not start on that first, okay?

Rewind the clock to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, 19th July 2008, 8 days after my birthday.
Venue is The Curve.
Occasion -- Librarians' annual high tea.

I'm late. It started at 1 -- an hour and a half earlier. But it's okay, the food is still there. I waste no time getting my plate and filling it with the seafood pasta, then I try the kuih-muih, and I also had a generous serving of chocolate pudding, then I had...

Wait.
Am I boring you?

Fine, I'll skip to the part with the movie.

5:35 p.m. The movie starts. I'm still waiting in line, eager not to enter the cinema without the popcorn and coke.

5:40 p.m. I rush up the stairs, heading to the man collecting the tickets. I dig in my pocket and finally present the ticket to him. I run past him. I look around, disoriented. I eventually find the correct door. I walk in.

5:42 p.m. I turn around and walk out again. I forgot my seat number. Typical brilliant me.

5:44 p.m. I sink into my seat. I stare at the screen. Commercials. Commercials. Commercials.

5:48 p.m. The show starts. Batman vs. Joker.


WARNING: Spoiler ahead. So, for those of you who haven't watched the movie or doesn't want to read about it, I have done you a favour. If you wish to read the synopsis that follows, hightlight the "blank" between the start and end.

Start.
The show starts off with "jokers" robbing a bank. The aim -- to rob the mafia's money. Each think that "less men more share", so, like the idiots bank robbers are, they start killing each other one-by-one.

It's left with two more "jokers". One guy gets smart and tries to pull the trigger on the other guy. Well, you should know who the other guy is -- Joker.

To cut a long story short, Joker came out alive.

Then starts the horror.

2-and-a-half hours of pure genius.
WOW, WOW, WOW.

You've just got to watch it.
End.

No comments: